Tuesday 20 February 2024

#TeamBATC2024Showcase




It's hard to believe but it was nine years ago that I went to my first ever Team Books and the City do and where I met both Milly Johnson and Heidi Swain for the first time, I remember it was called a Spring Blogger evening and I'd never blogged in my life but that night when I got home my daughter helped me set up a blog and since then I've never looked back. I've got the fabulous SJ Virtue to thank for all those brilliant events and really for all the lovely blogger and authors and general book loving people I've met since then who have now become great friends and it's always a pleasure to catch up with them.

The  #TeamBATC2024Showcase was just as spectacular with thirteen authors and over 100 guests including 70 who were there on zoom. The evening started with quick hellos to some of the fabulous friends I've met over the years and then we get to help ourselves to the incredible stash of books on a table which was also laden with food and drinks including some delicious book themed cupcakes. I would have taken a photo but my cupcake disappeared in seconds and was totally delish.

Once we had settled down we were introduced to all of the authors and they each described their book and then read a chapter from it. There was alot of intrigue as we were left hanging at the end of every chapter we heard knowing that we just wanted more. Some of the readings had us all in stitches as did SJ when she told us what she thought of Poldark's headwear...

It was such a lovely, fun and bubbly atmosphere and I was glad my husband met me afterwards to help me carry my books home.

Lovely Heidi Swain signing my book sample

From left to right, 
Dawn Crooks, Isabelle Broom, Me and Maureen Stapleton


I will do my best to link to every book that was discussed on the night and I would just like to say another huge thank you to Sara-Jade Virtue and the whole of the Books and the City Team for all their hard work and suffice to say we are in for another amazing year of books from S & S.

***********

Alina Khawaja  


Beverly Kendall                                       


              

Eva Verde                                                


Heidi Swain



Helen Fisher


Holly Hepburn


Julie Haworth


Laura Wood


Lauren Bravo


Lucy Vine


Rachel Hore


Rebecca Ryan


Sharon Gosling


No comments:

Post a Comment